Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reduce Reuse Recycle

I hope that you are all able to enjoy the beautiful crisp fall days that have finally arrived, I know I am!

Today I cleaned out my car and in doing so, I did my part to embrace the 'green movement'. No today my tip is not to reduce the entropy in your life, but to recycle. I had several plastic bottles as well as 2 copies of the Sunday paper floating around my car, but today instead of just trashing them, I drove the less than half a mile out of my way to the recycling center to recycle them. It was only a small handful of things, but it felt good to know that I was doing my part to help protect the world, and being less wasteful. When I got home I looked through my trash can, and ended up making another trip to the recycling center... as it turned out, more than 3/4ths of my trash, was recyclable! ( Imagine how much that could save on your garbage bill!)

If you don't want to make frequent trips to the recycling center, when you go ask them if they have a recycling bin. ( Many garbage companies will sell you one, or you may be able to get a free bin depending where you live). Another suggestion is to have 2 trash cans, one for recyclables and one for trash. I promise, you will be amazed at how much of your trash is recyclable!

For a list of recyclables items check out this link:http://www.burrtecdesert.com/page81.html
To find your local recycling place check out this link: http://earth911.com/

2 comments:

  1. Great post! That's one of the things I did like about California, while I was out there. Almost everyone recycled, it was great! Here in Oklahoma, I hate to admit, the majority seems to be "back woods" in that area. It's so unfortunate. We have some of the most beautiful country in our area, but people take it for granted...

    ReplyDelete