Friday, October 16, 2009

Are you washing your hands enough?

Hello, how are you today?

How many times did you wash your hands today? Let me see... I've washed mine about 7 times maybe. Washing your hands is a very simple but important way to help keep you well. You should be washing your hands when:


  • you are preparing food

  • after you use the bathroom

  • before you clean a cut or wound

  • after you blow your nose or sneeze

  • before putting in or taking out contacts (if you wear them)

  • after taking out the trash or changing a babys diper

  • after taking care of someone whose sick


The Mayo Clinic recommends that you wash your hands for 20 seconds, making sure to scrub your wrists, plams, tops of your hands and the fingernails. I know this is gonna sound bad but I used be a little lax on washing my hands all the times I should have. Recently though I bought some new apple cider scented soap, and not I cannot wait to wash my hands because it smells so good.

Next time you're about to cook dinner, or after your sneeze make sure you wash your hands!

Peace and Wellness. Thank you for reading,


Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment