Friday, October 2, 2009

Focus on Breathing Away Stress


Thank goodness its Friday, its time to get excited for the weekend!

How many of you are into yoga, or meditation? Ive tried it a few times, ok, so maybe only when it was required in phys ed classes, but Ive heard from many people that it really helps to reduce stress. Unfortunatly if I get too stressed out I get tension headaches, which, if youve had them, you know they arent pleasent. Today when I got home, I took at 1o minute break from my day to do a meditation of sorts. A while back my doctor recommended that I take 10 minutes out of each day to be still and focus on my breathing. She said that sometimes with hectic scheduals and lots of stress our breathing gets unnoticably out of wack, however with this daily 'meditation' its easily reset.

If youre going through a lot of stress lately, take 1o mintues to be still, free your mind, and focus on your breathing. Even if you cant do it every day as was recommended, just doing it once helps to calm and relax you. Hopefully if you have been stressed, this meditation will relax you a little, and help to start your weekend off on the right note.

If youd like more information, feel free to check out: http://anxietytherapyonline.com/anxiety-support-book/anxiety-treatments/deep-breathing-exercises/
Or take a look at this youtube video


No comments:

Post a Comment