Monday, October 5, 2009

Did you know....

... that there are approximatly 2000 steps in a mile? On average we walk 10,000 steps per day, which is recommended to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Salut! How are ya doin today!?

I decided this morning what I was going to try and do today to make things a little better. As winter is coming up, I could use a few tips here and there so I can fit into my winter clothes. I decided that when I had to run my errands today, I would park farther away than I normally would so I could get a bit more exercise. So today, Ive been taking the long way, walking all the way around, and parking a lot farther away than I normally do. Unfortunately the day I picked to park farther away is also the day that it has been cold and rainy all day; I do not recommend this.

So, today, or whenever its not raining where you're at, park a little farther from the store, walk the long way around to put something away in your house, take your dog for an extra long walk today. You don't have to over do it, just a little but every day. I promise that when you're doing even this little bit of extra walking you'll be a little bit closer to that 10,000 steps thats that are recommended.
If you're interested in doing more than just a little bit, check out all these benefits that you can reap from walking 30 minutes a day!! ~>http://www.aarp.org/health/fitness/walking/a2004-06-17-walking-numerousbenefits.html





(haha)And if you need help walking, check out what Honda has for you: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/04/robolegs/

No comments:

Post a Comment