Saturday, January 8, 2011

Family

Hello and good evening.

Today was my last day visiting my family. Although I saw her yesterday, my mom, dad, and myself went over and spent time with my grandma. As I live away now and only come to visit during the holidays its easier to notice changes that have been gradually been taking place. My grandma is in her 80's and this visit I really have been aware of how age is taking its toll. I makes me sad to see her struggling with her arthritis, and hearing her forget the simple words in a sentence while knowing that she realizes and is embarrassed by these simple mistakes she is making.

I almost spent my last day in town catching up with an old friend, but instead decided to spend some more time with my grandma. I am glad I did. Life is too short to take things for granted....too short to take for granted that she will be here next time I come home in another 6 months. Until I see her next time I will have happy the memory of cooking a dinner for her that she enjoyed(she is a VERY picky eater so this means a lot).

Tell your family that you love them; you never know what tomorrow will bring.

~eliza~

No comments:

Post a Comment