Saturday, January 15, 2011

Food for Thought

Happy evening.

Ever craved something and could not find it at the store? For me that item is Cuties Clementines. I asked for them the other day at the store, and came to find them today. Much to my chagrin they did not have them. Even though I have been CRAVING Cuties for 2 weeks now, I realized that sometimes I have to accept that I cannot always have what I want. So instead of Cuties, I decided on some deliciously plump blackberries. They are not Cuties but they are still good. I will continue waiting on my quest for Cuties.

Just a bit ago I was reading a free local magazine "Natural Awakenings" and came across an article titled "Foods that Fight Pain: A Tasty, Colorful Banquet". It left me feeling a little better about my early purchase of blackberries. Here is why:

Cherries, Blackberries, Raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. These fruits contain compound which works an anti-inflammatory and is 10 times more effective than aspirin according to Michigan State University Researchers.

For more information on pain fighting foods check out the rest of the article here:

http://www.naturalawakeningsmag.com/Natural-Awakenings/January-2011/Foods-that-Fight-Pain/

Cheers to pain free with fruit
!Eliza!

Also a special thanks to http://www.cutiescitrus.com/ for the deliciousness, please get them to a store near me before I lose my mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment