Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Friends

Hola amigos!

Being a friend. Tonight one of my good friends' roommate/best friend, after not being able to afford rent, had to move out. My friend, although she probably won't admit it, is having a rough time. She usually keeps to herself and rarely asks for help. Tonight I invited her over for dinner and told her I was here if she needed anything. She politely thanked me but declined my invitation. As I was cleaning up the dinner mess I got a text from her asking if she could come over for a bit. It'd been awhile since I'd seen her, and it was nice to talk, but more importantly, it felt good to be there for a friend. My friends have been there for me more than I can remember, so it really was an honor to be able to be there for her when she needed me.

A lot of the time I think I get to caught up in the day to day life that I forget to make time for my
friends. That is something I need to improve. Do you have any suggestions? I am going to start by calling back one of my friends who moved away. Is there something I can do to be there for you as a follower, as a friend?

Thanks, your
friend,
Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment