Monday, January 11, 2010

-"What is your new years resolution eliza?" -"uhhh"

Hello how are all of you doing today? I've had a mildly frustrating start, but I'm not going to let it get to me! Every year I always end up setting myself up for failure with a new years resolution. But this year I decided to do things a bit differently. When a friend asked me: "What is your new years resolution Eliza?", I paused and looked at my friend blankly and said: "uh....".

The other day I was reading someones blog and she was talking about making resolutions. She said that you should make a whole lot of resolutions, some really easy ones (that you know you'll be able to accomplish) and some other, more challenging ones. That way, even if you don't get the hard ones you still can get little ones (like brushing your teeth). I like her idea. (If you're interested, feel free to check it out, some of her blogs are pretty comical. : http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/01/how-to-stick-to-your-new-years.html )

So I have decided on a unofficial resolution for myself to work on, a goal you could say. As I was laid off before the holidays, money is a little thin and eating out (which I love to do) is expensive and can add up. I like... no love to cook. My resolution, to try and help save money and expand my cooking skills, shrink my waistline, is to cook dinner each night.

Did you make any resolutions this year, if so what? How are they going so far? Thus far(since I've been back at my apartment) I have done great! 3 delicious dinners! Last night my boyfriend even offered to help pay for groceries if I wanted to keep cooking!! Doesn't it feel great to be successful in something you set out to do? No doubt I will probably get off track somewhere, as I usually do, so feel free to remind/ ask me how I'm doing.

This was the flounder pot pie we had for dinner last night.

Thanks for reading, and good luck with your resolutions!

<<~Eliza~>>

No comments:

Post a Comment