Monday, January 4, 2010

Spread the Love, Share the Excitment, Starve a Vampire

Hello today! Hopefully you are staying warm, I know most places around the country are feeling pretty chilly.


All the delicious holiday treats, and the cold weather seem to catch me every day, acting as if I'd just eaten a full blown thanksgiving feast. Since it I am on a mini vacation, I have taken advantage of every minute of it. I sit around reading all the books that have backed up over the last year, baking holiday treats for various family members, and spending time with my family. Pretty picture aside, I have been LAZY. As I was trying to think of something to do, besides sit around at my parents house, a commercial came on the radio, inviting people to come downtown and donate blood as there was a shortage. So, I called up my mom, and asked her if she'd be interested.


Today myself, my mom, and my brother all went to donate blood. Im sure that donating blood was not something that they normally would have thought about doing, but it didnt take much to convince them. As my brother and I left we joked about how we'd been lazy again today, but at least we'd done one little thing and made a difference in someone's life. It felt good.


Not that you have to, but if youre interested, check out the American Red Cross's website to see if there is a local blood drive you can go to donate. Donating doesn't take long, and is relatively painless, but in 1 visit, you save 3 lives!


Thank you for reading, I hope that you have a WONDERFUL day!

~ Eliza


No comments:

Post a Comment