Friday, January 8, 2010

homemade hot chocolate

It has been a long 48 hours. I am finally back in my apartment, and it is good to be home. Only it seems the cold weather has followed me back, unfortunately without the snow. :( I know that a lot of places are getting a nice blast of cold winter weather right now, so I thought I'd share a delicious recipe to help warm you up.

Homemade Hot Chocolate:

You will need:

  1. 4 tablespoons of Cocoa powder
  2. 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
  3. 2 tablespoons of sugar
  4. 2 tablespoons of honey
  5. 1.5 tablespoons of vanilla extract
  6. 2.5 cups of milk

Directions:

In a pot, mix sugar, cinnamon, and cocoa powder together. Add enough of the milk that the cocoa powder and sugar are blended smoothly. ( This takes a little more than a fourth of a cup). Add the vanilla extract and blend it into the mixture. Put the pot on the burner at low-high or medium-low heat. (You don't want the temperature too high or the milk will burn to the pan). Add the rest of the milk and the honey. Continually stir the mixture till it is heated to your desired temperature. Pour into mugs, and enjoy. :) mmm

Note:

If you like food that has a bit of a 'kick' to it, you can add a teaspoon Cayenne pepper. Now you have a hot chocolate similar to what the Mayans used to drink.

Do you have any good hot chocolate recipes? If so I would love to hear them!

Thank you for reading, go warm up with a cup of homemade hot chocolate. :)

***Eliza***

2 comments:

  1. I tried this recipe and really liked it! Thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D I'm glad that you enjoyed it!! It is quite delicious!!

    ReplyDelete